A D.C. police officer charged with trying to kill his wife is scheduled to go on trial in Prince George's County.
A "rogue" gynecologist who used tiny cameras to secretly record videos and photos of his patients has forced one of the world's top medical centers to pay $190 million to 8,000 women and girls.
Prince William County Police are searching for Jose Reynaldo Villanueva, who is accused of sexually assaulting two young girls, ages 4 and 6, last week.
Old shipping containers will soon house some local college students in D.C. Some say it’s a creative housing solution, while others call them eyesores.
Pro-Moscow separatists released a train packed with bodies from the downed Malaysia Airlines plane and agreed to hand over its black boxes Monday, bowing to heavy international pressure four days after the jet plunged into rebel-held eastern Ukraine.
It took 12 years to film, but was the new movie Boyhood worth the wait? ABC7's Arch Campbell reviews director Richard Linklater's latest movie.
President Barack Obama is calling for international investigators to have "immediate and full access" to the site in eastern Ukraine, where a passenger jet was shot down last week.
The Washington Wizards have acquired forward Kris Humphries from the Boston Celtics for a protected 2015 second-round draft pick.
Azamat Tazhavakov faces up to 25 years in prison.
The nation's largest public school systems and the NBA are now working with the White House to improve the lives of boys and young men of color as part of the "My Brother's Keeper" program.
Mark Rypien beat out Jeremy Roenick and Annika Sorenstam to win the weather-delayed American Century Celebrity Golf Championship on Sunday.
Police are searching for a vehicle that may be connected to the shooting.
President Barack Obama on Monday gave employment protection to gay and transgender workers in the federal government and its contracting agencies.
The Washington Nationals turned their clubhouse into a postgame rave scene, complete with blaring music, fog machine and dancing lights after beating the sinking Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Monday night..
Adam Jones hit a pair of two-run homers Monday night, including a tiebreaking shot in the sixth inning, and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-2.
A District of Columbia judge has declared that a 50-year-old man is innocent of a 1982 rape and slaying that put him in prison for 25 years.
Truland Systems, a Reston-based institution that describes itself as the tenth-largest electrical contractor in the country, has abruptly closed down, leaving hundreds of employees without jobs.
Prince George's County officials have approved the building plan for a $925 million casino near the nation's capital.
Today's pop-culture roundup includes the royals and Georgie Boy, a tribute to James Garner, a Star Wars tease, weekend box-office numbers, our mystery music video and much more.
Metro is simulating service on its new Silver Line, with just five days left before it opens to rail commuters.
A California company has voluntarily recalled some lots of whole peaches, nectarines, plums, and pluots, the FDA announced Monday.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is making a renewed push for a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas with another trip to the Middle East after the civilian death toll in the conflict sharply escalated.
Three people were injured when a car plowed into a home in Manassas Sunday morning.
They may be 4,000 miles from home, but members of the Dutch community in the District are still sharing in the grief of the families whose loved ones were killed when Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down.
Authorities in Prince William County say nine townhouses were damaged in a fire that left four of the units uninhabitable.
- D.C. police officer charged with attemped murder due in court
- Apartments made of shipping containers going up near Catholic University
- Obama on D.C. statehood: 'I'm for it'
- Obama announces expansion of My Brother's Keeper
- Mourners sign condolence registry at Dutch Embassy in D.C.
- Md. man awaiting sentencing for serial groping allegedly gropes woman at Columbia Target
- Rockville couple charged with locking up twin sons with autism in dungeon-like basement
- Johns Hopkins settles case for $190M over gynecologist who took secret photos
- Pay It Forward: Corder Pounders Fit Camp helps kids shed pounds without stigma
- Prince George's County officials approve $925 million MGM casino plan
- Reston-based Truland Systems suddenly closes its doors after more than a century in business
- Guide to the new Silver Line: What Metro riders need to know
- Fire in Bristow damages 9 townhomes
- CEB to invest $149.7 million in new headquarters, create 800 new jobs in Arlington
- Simulated service begins on Metro's Silver Line
- Jury convicts Boston bombing suspect's friend
- Obama grants protection to gay, transgender employees from workplace discrimination
- Obama bestows Medal of Honor on veteran Ryan Pitts for battlefield valor
- DAYBREAK DAILY: Police arrest woman after she posts a selfie in stolen dress
- Flashback July 20, 1969: Men walk on the moon
- Arch Campbell reviews Richard Linklater's latest movie, 'Boyhood'
- Celebrity Buzz: Prince George walks, first birthday Tuesday; 50 shades of Beyonce
- 'The Patriot' actress Skye McCole Bartusiak found dead at 21
- James Garner's friends, colleagues remember the legendary actor
- Film, TV legend James Garner dies
Ways to Get Us Stay Connected with ABC7 News
Watch Full Episodes
Only On 7
Watch "The Queen Latifah Show" weekdays at 4pm followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "The Queen Latifah Show!"
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Lottery Results DC, MD and VA winning numbersSee all winning lottery numbers »
WJLA Mobile On the Go
No matter where you go, take WJLA news and tools with you.
- Metro Rail Tools
- Traffic Delays and Incidents