Montgomery County police have released surveillance video of two men wanted in a residential robbery in Bethesda.
D.C. flips the switch on the National Christmas Tree Friday evening.
A Georgia man is accused of dumping waste into the Potomac River from Hains Point when his company was contracted with the National Park Service to clean the National Mall's storm water sewer system.
Gov. Pat McCrory and fellow Republicans are piling up the pressure, hoping an environmental group drops its lawsuit against North Carolina's plans to replace a key Outer Banks bridge.
So, you've selected the gadgets to give your loved ones, and you're at the checkout line. Do you get the extended warranty to boot? Most analysts say absolutely not.
American Airlines and American Eagle have canceled nearly 1,000 flights because of a severe ice storm in the Dallas area.
A winter storm has its grip on much of the nation as the weekend begins. Here's a look at how the cold and snow is paralyzing some parts of the country.
A fourth straight month of solid hiring cut the U.S. unemployment rate to a five-year low of 7 percent in November.
The United States will play Germany, Portugal and Ghana in the first round of next year's World Cup, facing the nations that eliminated the Americans from the last three tournaments.
ABC7 News has learned that another investigation into new allegations of sexual abuse at the popular Wilson Aquatic Center in Northwest is now underway.
Much of the day could be spent dodging snow and ice in parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana where forecasters have posted weather warnings.
A Loudoun County physical education teacher was arrested Wednesday after authorities believe he was drunk on his school's campus.
Christina Okocha is typical of many uninsured Americans. The certified nursing assistant works hard as a home health aid, but she also lives in fear.
Despite rain and bad weather, the memorial for Nelson Mandela is growing in D.C.
Pepco says they're planning ahead for Sunday's icy weather, and they suggest you do the same.
A reward of up to $1,000 is offered for information that leads to the arrest of a man wanted in Howard County.
The anti-apartheid leader will be buried on Sunday, Dec. 15 at his rural home in Qunu, and a memorial service in a Johannesburg stadium will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 10, President Jacob Zuma announced.
Timothy Sands has been named the 16th president of Virginia Tech, succeeding President Charles W. Steger.
Air pollution in Shanghai reached record highs Friday, forcing kids to stay home from school and government cars off the road.
With just more than a month left in his term as Virginia's chief executive, Gov. Bob McDonnell is making a major move toward battling homelessness in the Commonwealth.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says that the Quixel baby rattle made by Manhattan Toy can break into pieces that can create a choking hazard for small children.
Detectives arrested a teenager Thursday accused of stealing some wreckage from the Porsche that "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was in when he died in a crash, and a second suspect was planning to turn himself in, authorities said.
As an anti-apartheid leader and humanitarian, Nelson Mandela's acts of kindness and his political legacy are being remembered and celebrated around the world today.
A D.C. man is facing ten animal cruelty charges after allegedly kicking and beating ten dogs.
Flying into Reagan National Airport can be nerve wracking - or at least that's what The Weather Channel thinks.
A trend of rat sightings in Montgomery County has bottomed out over the past decade, but county workers have no idea why it happened so suddenly.
- MPD officer accused of child porn to get house arrest
- Another D.C. cop suspended during child porn investigation
- Man hired by NPS accused of dumping waste in Potomac River
- Key Bridge reopened following police activity Friday morning
- D.C. man faces felony charges after severely abusing ten dogs
- Montgomery County coal energy plant to shutter in 2017
- Wanted man considered armed and dangerous
- Firefighters extinguish hazardous materials blaze at Laurel asphalt plant.
- Maryland Health Connection just as glitchy as federal effort
- Rat complaints drop dramatically in Montgomery County
- Va. raccoon tests positive for canine distemper
- Car hits deer, deer hits jogger in Ashburn crash
- Former Fauquier fire chief gets two years for fraud
- McDonnell commits $9.5M toward homeless prevention
- Pedestrian hit by cab while crossing Route 1 in Arlington
- Fight over aging Outer Banks bridge heating up
- La Agenda de 7 diciembre: los niños de kindergarten hispanos, la inmigración y Pitbull
- Dec. 7th's Agenda: Hispanic kindergartners, immigration and Pitbull
- DAYBREAK DAILY: Former Va. Gov. Wilder and Mandela had special bond
- Obama defends NSA after report on cell phone tracking
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Bob Dylan's electric guitar slated for auction
- Arch Campbell Show: 'Out of the Furnace' stars Christian Bale
- WTOP's 'Man About Town' set to retire
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
Ways to Get Us Stay Connected with ABC7 News
Watch Full Episodes
Only On 7
Watch "The Queen Latifah Show" weekdays at 4pm followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "The Queen Latifah Show!"
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Lottery Results DC, MD and VA winning numbersSee all winning lottery numbers »
WJLA Mobile On the Go
No matter where you go, take WJLA news and tools with you.
- Metro Rail Tools
- Traffic Delays and Incidents