Ebony Wilkerson is charged with three counts of attempted murder and three counts of child abuse. She is scheduled to make a court appearance Saturday.
Most Americans will set their clocks 60 minutes later before heading to bed Saturday night, but daylight saving time officially starts Sunday at 2 a.m. local time.
Metro Center will be closed this weekend. Free shuttle buses will run between Federal Triangle, Metro Center, and Gallery Place.
The topics on the agenda for Friday: ambulances bursting into flames, problem-plagued fire trucks, and personnel shortages -- to name a few.
Every weekend, Michele Bevington’s basement is transformed into a festive celebration of flowers.
Despite a warning from federal health officials, Baczol, a dangerous cough syrup, is still on shelves nationwide.
Hunter B. Harries, 19, was killed in an overnight crash in the District.
Safeway representatives said last month they were "looking forward to" being put up for sale.
The Maryland House of Delegates has approved phasing in an increase in the state's minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 by 2017.
U.S. hiring improved in February from the previous two months despite a blast of wintry weather, likely renewing hopes that growth will accelerate this year.
Montgomery County officials estimate that the county's 2010 Democratic primary might have cost as much as $9.6 million if a proposed public campaign financing system was in place.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray did not have much to say prior to a Thursday night forum on a legal deal that if announced prior to the April 1 Democratic primary, could have a major impact on the highly competitive race.
The daughter of the Alexandria couple charged with human trafficking takes us inside the home currently at the center of an FBI investigation.
The Washington Nationals are hosting auditions for people who want to sing the national anthem during baseball season.
Three teenagers in Prince William County are accused of targeting other students by posting nude photos of them on Instagram.
Amid all this jumping, climbing, and sliding, there’s a pretty serious mission going on. It’s called the “National Day of Unplugging.”
A Russian military truck broke down the gates of a Ukrainian base in the Crimean port city of Sevastopol and the installation is under siege by Russians on Friday, the Interfax news agency reported. No shots have been fired.
A three-alarm fire broke out in the roof of an apartment building in Anne Arundel County, Md. late Friday morning, destroying several homes and leaving a community rattled.
A Maryland man was charged hundreds of dollars for Pay-Per-View movies he says he never ordered, but when he tried to get the cable company to fix the problem, he was told to pay up.
Supporters praised his judgment and messages of peace; protesters denounced his characterization of Shugden Buddhists as 'cult-like.'
Members of a local identity theft ring used identities of U.S. employees to open fraudulent credit card accounts, and to rent cars they sold on the black market.
Munsterman suffered extensive injuries over her entire body, including a concussion, shattered pelvis and dislocated shoulder.
Drivers who use the 11th Street Bridge can breathe a sigh of relief. A new in-bound section will open Friday morning that will result in a more efficient morning commute.
Alexandria Police said Thursday that the February murder of Ruthanne Lodato shares similar characteristics with two other murders.
Annapolis is getting ready to host the 18th annual Polar Bear Plunge at Sandy Point State Park.
- D.C. firefighter accused of passing off fake prescriptions
- Children's National doctor alerts FDA to illegal antibiotics sales
- D.C. Fire department criticized during all-day hearing
- Metro Center to be closed this weekend
- Boil Water Advisory for D.C. lifted; tap water safe "for all purposes"
- Congressional County Club members vote on AT&T National
- 7 On Your Side: Man falsely charged hundreds by Comcast
- Missing Maryland girl, father found in South Carolina motel
- Md. House approves minimum wage hike
- Montgomery County elections could cost millions with public financing
- McAuliffe to call special session on budget
- Cat shot by dozens of pellets goes to good home
- Former CIA worker starts 'Freedom Petals' for Wounded Warriors
- Federal regulators: Dominion Virginia nuclear plants operated safely in 2013
- Winter-related tire damage calls to AAA up 10 percent from last year
- Mom accused of driving into ocean goes before judge
- 'National Day of Unplugging' urges all to put down electronics
- Daylight Savings: It's time to 'Spring Forward!'
- Attempted murder charges for mom in ocean drive
- DAYBREAK DAILY: McAuliffe rips into Virginia GOP over Medicaid expansion
- Arch Campbell Show: "300: Rise of an Empire"
- 'Housewives' couple plead guilty to fraud in NJ
- Dancing with the Stars reveals new cast
- On Jimmy Kimmel Live, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford bristles at rehab suggestion
- It's National Pancake Day!
Ways to Get Us Stay Connected with ABC7 News
Watch Full Episodes
Only On 7
Watch "The Queen Latifah Show" weekdays at 4pm followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "The Queen Latifah Show!"
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Lottery Results DC, MD and VA winning numbersSee all winning lottery numbers »
WJLA Mobile On the Go
No matter where you go, take WJLA news and tools with you.
- Metro Rail Tools
- Traffic Delays and Incidents