Jordan Lloyd-Bookey and Felix Lloyd’s idea for a customized service to find books and products tailored to individual children's interests was chosen after a single email from the producers of “Shark Tank.”
Prince George's County rescuers cut an escalator apart to free a 6-year-old boy whose hands and fingers got stuck under the handrail at the bottom of the moving staircase.
In just over a year and six months, six people in one Northeast Washington, D.C. neighborhood were diagnosed with the same form of cancer.
One caped crusader couldn’t miss his chance to try and be part of something big.
This means that his employer Chris Brown will also have to wait in jail over Easter weekend for his assault trial to begin.
The Virginia Department of Transportation assured us that it is working on building a much taller wall, but that it will be a long while before things return to normal.
Reynold O'Brien Gibbs of Lexington Park was arrested after doctors discovered his 2-month-old daughter was seriously injured while in his care, St. Mary's sheriff's deputies said.
Dr. Leana Wen was an ER doctor on duty at the local hospital in Boston that day - and her husband had been on his way to the race's finish line when news of the bombs reached her.
Demos are offered at the Prince William Ice Center in Woodbridge, and a new county league is in the works for May.
A benefit ride and an event at Glenwood Park Racecourse could cause traffic delays, Loudoun County sheriff's deputies said.
Brown's trial is scheduled to begin as soon as a judge finishes the trial of Brown's bodyguard, Christopher Hollosy. A judge denied a motion to dismiss assault charges against Hollosy Thursday morning.
After seven consecutive months of decline, Virginia's unemployment rate rose slightly in March.
Bishop is accused of killing his mother, wife and three sons in Maryland in 1976.
A suicide note spoke of the man's guilt over surviving while so many students are likely dead. Police are calling for the arrest of the captain and other crewmembers.
Dashing hopes of progress raised by a diplomatic deal in Geneva, pro-Russian insurgents who have occupied government buildings in more than 10 Ukrainian cities said Friday they will not leave them until the country's interim government resigns.
A surge of eleventh-hour enrollments has improved the outlook for President Barack Obama's health care law, with more people signing up overall and a much-needed spark of interest among young adults
A public defender in West Virginia says a northern Virginia man sought for questioning in three slayings is being held illegally.
A 33-year-old commercial dump truck driver from Manassas appeared in court Friday on charges he faces in connection with the traffic death of an Arlington woman.
When Azima Tahir says she got a threatening phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS saying that she owed nearly $1,400, the Woodbridge woman started to worry.
Another Griffin can be found, and in this case rather than on the field, she can be heard among the airwaves of Washington, D.C.
South Korean news agency Yonhap reports that the captain of the South Korean ferry that sank two days ago has been arrested.
The tree pollen count was a meager 17.5 grains per cubic meter Friday. What's average and when will the area see higher counts?Comment
One of the three who died after using heroin given to them by the dealer was an active-duty soldier at Fort Belvoir.
A Montgomery County judge has dismissed a couple's lawsuit alleging that a top private school jeopardized their son's college career by not doing enough to help him.
The quake was centered near Acapulco, where many are vacationing for the Easter holiday.
A D.C. man convicted of multiple counts of severe animal abuse was sentenced Friday to 25 months in prison.
U.S. Park Police have released a sketch of the person who they believe sexually assaulted a woman in a park near Georgetown University on April 1.
A vehicle crashed into a tree along Old Dominion Road in McLean, Va., killing one passenger and injuring at least one other.
Christians in the Holy Land have commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in Good Friday prayers and processions through Jerusalem's Old City.
An avalanche swept down a climbing route on Mount Everest early Friday, killing at least 12 Nepalese guides and leaving three missing in the deadliest disaster on the world's highest peak.
The legality of government surveillance is likely to come before the Supreme Court someday, and Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg appear less than thrilled at the prospect.
The University of Virginia Board of Visitors meets next week to set tuition rates for the next academic year.
- Local entrepreneurs score with children's book discovery platform on 'Shark Tank'
- Superheroes abound at 'Awesome Con D.C.'
- RGIII's mother co-hosts new D.C. radio show
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard has yet to receive verdict
- At press club event, Scalia and Ginsburg offer differing views on government surveillance
- Time capsule discovered at Maryland fire station
- Prince George's County rescuers cut escalator open to free stuck boy
- Md. urges awareness of invasive species
- D.C., Maryland, Virginia officials teaming up on pedestrian and bicyclist safety
- Maryland prison inmates will train service dogs for vets
- Public defender argues Severance is being held illegally in West Va.
- Report: Virginia's unemployment rate rose in March
- Single-vehicle crash kills one on Old Dominion Road in McLean
- Judge: UVa. climate researcher's emails are exempt from conservatives' FOIA requests
- Va. boasts 240-plus farmers' markets
- Local couple recalls day of Boston Marathon bombings
- Texas officials sieze polygamist compound of imprisioned leader Warren Jeffs
- DAYBREAK DAILY: Study says Ocean City most dangerous place to live in Md.
- Investigators re-enact deadly California crash
- Chelsea Clinton is pregnant with first child
- RGIII's mother co-hosts new D.C. radio show
- Howard Univ. alum takes part in 'Scandal' finale
- Arch Campbell Show: 'Transcendence' needs intelligence - artificial or otherwise
- Winner of Post's 2014 Peeps Show contest recreates iconic moment in history
- Kathy Lee Gifford signs on with musical in Herndon, Va.
- 'Curling' enjoying unexpected popularity in Prince William County
- St. Louis hurler Wainwright dominant in two-hit shut out of Nationals, 8-0
- Jayson Weth clubs three-run bomb in Nationals 6-3 win over Miami
- Wizards beat Celtics with 118-102 win
- Apr. 15th Sportstalk with Lorenzo Alexander
Ways to Get Us Stay Connected with ABC7 News
Watch Full Episodes
Only On 7
Watch "The Queen Latifah Show" weekdays at 4pm followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "The Queen Latifah Show!"
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Lottery Results DC, MD and VA winning numbersSee all winning lottery numbers »
WJLA Mobile On the Go
No matter where you go, take WJLA news and tools with you.
- Metro Rail Tools
- Traffic Delays and Incidents