Accidental fire temporarily closes Herndon restaurant
A fire that badly damaged an Indian restaurant in Herndon has been ruled accidental, investigators say.
The blaze, which started in the kitchen, was caused by an intense heat transfer from a natural gas cooking appliance.
Fairfax County firefighters responded to the Aaoji Indian restaurant, located at 724 Pine Street, shortly after 10 a.m. Sunday. Upon arrival, they found heavy smoke coming from the building. It took about 30 minutes to put the fire out. No injuries were reported.
The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed. Damage is estimated at $150,000.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.