Olney townhouses evacuated for gas leak
Five townhouses in Olney were evacuated Tuesday after firefighters detected carbon monoxide in one home.
Montgomery County Fire Spokesperson Captain Oscar Garcia says units were dispatched at 5:35 p.m. to the 3300 block of Tidewater Court because a carbon monoxide detector went off.
Firefightersdetected some levels of carbon monoxide in a home and evacuated five adjoining townhomes. They are evaluating four patients for carbon monoxide exposure.
Firefighters believe they have tracked down the source to a malfunctioning hot water heater in one of the homes. Firefighters have shut off the gas to that house and are awaiting Washington Gas to check CO levels again. Residents will likely be able to reoccupy the homes after that.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.