Woman falls asleep smoking in bed, burned in fire
DEALE, Md. (AP) — Anne Arundel County fire officials say a woman and her husband have been injured in a fire after she fell asleep while smoking and using oxygen.
A fire department spokesman, Capt. James Rostek, says the incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5000 block of Deale Churchton Road. He says the woman suffered life-threatening burns and was flown to the burn unit at the Washington Hospital Center.
Rostek says the woman's husband suffered minor burns and was being treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
He says the fire was confined to the bed.
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.