Explosion shakes the British Embassy on Massachusetts Avenue
An explosion shook the British Embassy on Massachusetts Avenue about 6 p.m. Saturday evening. No one was injured.
DC Fire/EMS has confirmed the explosion was in the basement of the building in the 3100 block of Massachusetts Avenue, NW.
There was no fire and no smoke, but a light haze was seen.
The cause was a malfunctioning boiler with carbon monoxide buildup, officials say.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.