Capital Heights fire injures 2 firefighters
Two firefighters were injured in a house fire in Capital Heights Monday evening.
Firefighters were called to the 1500 block of Nova Avenue this evening just after 8 p.m. Smoke was coming from the basement of a two-story single-family home. Initially, there were reports of occupants trapped inside, but luckily it became clear all were able to escape.
The fire was extinguished in 20 minutes, firefighters said. Two firefighters were transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.
The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction. Damage is estimated at $100,00.00.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.