Great Falls Engineer House suffers minor damage from fire
A small electrical fire broke out in a historic building in Potomac Tuesday morning.
About 2:45 a.m., a smoke alarm went off at the Great Falls Engineer House. The fire started in an unused electrical outlet and spread to nearby boxes of paper.
The Montgomery County Fire Department responded and the fire was contained to a single wall in a lower room.
The Engineers House is located in the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park near Great Falls. The house was built 1874-1875 to serve as a residence for the gate keeper in charge of the Washington Aqueduct. In recent years, the Engineers House has been used for administrative purposes.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.