One injured in kitchen fire in Woodbrige
One person was injured in a kitchen fire on Lindendale Road in Woodbrige Sunday.
Firefighters arrived at the home in the 13800 block of Lindendale Road at about 3 p.m. The occupants told them the fire had started in the kitchen and a neighbor was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher. Two adults and two children were home when the fire occurred. All occupants were safe outside, but one was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The fire was accidentally caused by unattended cooking. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the property damage was about $7,000.
The Prince William County fire department reminded residents not to leave the kitchen while cooking and to follow other safety procedures.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.