After 42 years, Tourmobile to shut down Monday
WASHINGTON (AP) - A tour service that takes visitors on sightseeing bus trips to the main attractions in the District of Columbia is ending operations.
Tourmobile says on its website that it will shut down its tours on Monday after more than 42 years. It says it's unable to provide any additional details on future tours.
Bill Line, a spokesman for the National Park Service, tells The Washington Post that the company had been in "tough straits" financially. The Park Service had previously said that it would likely not review its contract with Tourmobile.
The Post says Tourmobile has served about 700,000 to 800,000 people annually in recent years.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.