Gas leaks causes evacuations in Fulton
A gas line was struck today near some luxury town homes in Fulton, causing at least six residents to evacuate, officials said.
About 9 a.m., the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services responded to the Maple Lawn Luxury Townhomes development in the 8900 block of Tawes Street for a gas leak.
A contractor had struck a four inch gas line nearby.
A mandatory evacuation was put in place for the block of homes in the immediate vicinity and more than six residents and five pets were evacuated.
BG&E secured the gas line at 10 a.m. and everyone was able to return home. No one was injured.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Head out with the family to one of the many fall festivals dominating this month's weekends.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Creativity knows no bounds when the costume-wearer doesn't have a say in the matter.