Laurel apartment fire forces 60 out of their homes
LAUREL, Md. (AP) - About 60 people have been forced out of their homes in Laurel after a two-alarm fire erupted in an apartment complex.
Prince George's County fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the fire broke out about 4:30 p.m. Saturday. It took about 15 minutes to extinguish most of the flames. At least 65 firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Investigators say the fire appears to be accidental. It was likely started by a malfunctioning furnace.
Two buildings will be uninhabitable, including 22 apartments. The American Red Cross and other agencies are assisting the residents.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast. It's customized weather right down to your neighborhood for every day of the week.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Click through to climb to the apex of adorable animals.