Anthony Randolph pleads guilty to negligent homicide
A 41-year-old Germantown man accused of killing a man during a traffic crash on the Key Bridge pleaded guilty Thursday to negligent homicide and other charges.
Anthony Randolph pleaded guilty in D.C. Superior Court in connection with the Feb. 27, 2011, death of Eliester Pineda-Medrano. The 23-year-old Pineda-Medrano was pushing his stalled moped at the time of the crash.
Randolph faces up to five years in prison on the negligent homicide charge and is set to be sentenced on Jan. 27, 2012. He is also charged with operating a vehicle, leaving the scene after colliding and causing personal injury.
Authorities said Randolph had been drinking alcohol at a bar before the crash. He then fled the scene, authorities said.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.