High levels of carbon monoxide found in Southeast D.C. building
One person is in critical condition after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Southeast D.C. apartment building, fire officials say.
D.C. Fire & EMS officials say they responded to an apartment building at 1732 S St. SE just before 8:30 a.m. Friday to find high carbon monoxide readings in an apartment. The entire building has been evacuated.
A resident was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Three other people, including two children, were also sickened. Their conditions are unknown.
Authorities are currently shutting off gas to the building and ventilating it.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Redskins cheerleaders, councilmembers, and boxing legends all came out for the annual fundraiser.