Neti pots linked to fatal brain-eating amoeba infections
The popular device known as Neti pot, used to irrigate the sinuses, has been linked to two deaths in Louisiana due to an infection called meningities, officials said.
According to Louisiana health regulators, two people died after using tap water that was affected with, Naegleria fowleri, the "brain-eating amoeba."
A 53-year-old woman from De Soto Parish and a 20-year-old man from St. Bernard Parish both died after using contaminated water in their neti pots, a popular home remedy that looks like a genie’s lamp and is used for flushing out mucus from the nose and sinuses.
Read the original story here.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Hey, no city's perfect!