Bug spray ignites Falls Church home explosion
A man was injured when a dozen bug spray cans exploded inside a kitchen in Falls Church, severely damaging two townhomes and leaving 11 people displaced.
It happened in 2800 block of Spring Road around 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
Fairfax County fire officials say the cans were ignited by an electrical spark from a nearby refrigerator. The explosion severed several floor joists and pushed out one of the room walls, and cause residual damage to an adjoining home.
The victim was taken to INOVA Fairfax Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"