Dog survives owner in carbon monoxide poisoning
A deadly case of carbon monoxide poisoning killed a Maryland man, but the man's dog miraculously survived.
Jack, a 3-year-old black lab, and his owner George Sapp took a cross country trip in a vintage RV. However, two days into the trip a rush of carbon monoxide from an unknown source filled their RV.
Investigators say the level of carbon monoxide was so high, it probably killed Sapp in minutes. Jack spent 11 hours in the RV.
This isn't the first time Jack survived a difficult ordeal. He was found in 2010 during a blizzard abandoned in the snow.
Sapp gave Jack a home. His daughters say the two were inseparable.
"He took him everywhere with him. He didn't actually go one place without him."
Alison White says the vet initially told her Jack probably suffered severe organ damage from the poisoning, but Jack is just fine.
While White grieves for the loss of her father, she is grateful the dog he loved so much is with her now.
"He is just such an inspiration. I definitely believe in miracles now," White said.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
These are TBD's best photos of the year.