Three hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak in NW
A gas kitchen applicance is being blamed for a carbon monoxide leak in Northwest Thursday morning that sent three people to the hospital.
Officials responded to a home in the 1700 block of P Street shortly before 6 a.m.
Of the eight people that live at the residence, three complained of light-headedness and were taken to George Washington Hospital. The other five residents were evaluated at the scene and deemed OK. Officials say all involved were conscious and talking.
Hazmat crews reportedly found low levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
As a precaution, two neighboring homes were evacuated.
A section of P Street is shut down, D.C. police reports. Motorists are urged to use alternate routes.
If you live in D.C. and don't have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, representatives from the D.C. fire department will come install one free of charge.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
These are TBD's best photos of the year.