Spoon found in dog's belly
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - One omnivorous Maryland dog is lucky to be alive after he swallowed a spoon and it got stuck in his belly.
Laurie Neomany of Annapolis noticed last week that her beloved Labrador retriever, Vincent, wasn't eating and took him to the veterinarian. An X-ray found a 7-inch tablespoon had lodged in Vincent's stomach and perforated it.
Dr. W. Chase Coale III says the surgery was tough because Vincent's spleen and intestines were gathered around the hole and it's amazing that he's alive.
But the surgery to remove the spoon was successful and Vincent was back home the next day.
Neomany says the spoon wasn't hers, but it ended up costing her $2,500. Now she's considering punching a hole in it to wear as a pendant.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
These are TBD's best photos of the year.