Two lanes of I-95 in Woodbridge closing down Saturday night
UPDATE: Saturday night at 9 p.m., VDOT will close two lanes of northbound I-95 near Exit 158 at the Prince William Parkway as crews remove another sign structure.
VDOT says, "Crews removed a southbound structure in the same area last night due to cracked anchor bolts.
"The work is expected to be complete by 5 a.m."
High occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes will be open and available. State Police will again be on the scene.
Earlier: Two lanes of I-95 in Woodbridge closing down Friday night
Two lanes of southbound I-95 were scheduled to be closed tonight beginning at 9 p.m. as a 30-foot-tall cantilevered sign structure will be removed at Exit 158 at the Prince William Parkway in Woodbridge.
The Virginia Department of Transportation issued a statement today saying, “Two cracked anchor bolts were discovered during an ultrasonic test earlier today.”
Drivers can avoid delays by using the HOV lanes, VDOT says. State Police will be on present to assist in traffic control.
Last Saturday, a similar sign structure collapsed on I-66.
VDOT says they are testing all of the cantilevered signs in Northern Virginia following the I-66 collapse. So far, 25 of 261 signs have been examined.
VDOT expects to complete the tests by March 30.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here are a few people who could use a vacation.