Buckyballs swallowed by Oregon toddler, originally thought to have flu
A 3-year-old girl who presented flu-like symptoms was actually found to have swallowed more than three dozen small "Buckyballs," a small magnetic toy, MSNBC reports.
As originally reported on MSNBC.com, Payton Bushnell, an Oregon toddler, was taken to a doctor by her parents after complaining of flu-like symptoms in late February.
A chest X-ray, though, revealed that the young girl had swallowed 37 "Buckyballs," which were lodged in her intestines. Buckyballs are advertised as a set of small magnets which can be molded into any shape.
A warning label on the box cautions that the magnets should not be swallowed since they could stick to a person's intestines. The toy is recommended for children aged 13 and up.
Meanwhile, MSNBC says that Bushnell is in good condition and is expected to fully recover. In a statement on its website, the maker of Buckyballs, Maxfield & Oberton Holdings, said that the incident "underscores the fact that Buckyballs and Buckycubes are for adults."
READ MORE at MSNBC.com.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Hey, no city's perfect!