Mercury exposure investigation completed at two Md. schools
Hazardous materials teams and the La Plata Volunteer Fire Department have completed their investigation into the presence of mercury in two Charles County schools, according to a press release.
The Robert D. Stethem Educational Center and Maurice J. McDonough High School were declared clear of hazardous materials Friday after a group of students were exposed to a small amount of mercury.
On Friday morning, students in the Explorers Program in a heating and air conditioning class at Stethem were possibly exposed to mercury that spilled on the floor of the classroom. Students in the classroom directly involved in the incident were initially returned to their zoned high schools, including McDonough.
Shortly after returning to McDonough, two students reported to the school nurse that they were feeling ill and that they had possibly been exposed to mercury. Precautionary measures were put into place and parents notified.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
You could treat your loved one ... or just send them a link to this gallery.