Carbon monoxide exposure injures children in Upper Marlboro
Two children were taken to an area hospital Wednesday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their Upper Marlboro home, officials say.
Prince George's County Police say that a generator was running in the basement of a home in the 12400 block of Van Brady Road in Upper Marlboro where the two children were found. They were airlifted to a hospital and treated in a hyperbaric chamber for their injuries.
Police say that the children are doing "OK."
Officials remind the public that despite the power being out to never run a generator inside or in a confined area.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
For all the breaking stories happening in your neighborhood and developing stories happening around the world, join Leon Harris and Alison Starling weeknights on ABC7 News at 5 and 11.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
@TBD On Foot
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Billed as the biggest food truck assembly to ever happen in D.C., "Curbside Cookoff: Trucko De Mayo" took place on Saturday with at least 40 vendors.