Montgomery Village fire leaves 14 displaced
A two-alarm fire in Montgomery Village that left 14 resident displaced has been ruled accidental and electrical in nature, investigators said Monday.
The fire broke out around 10:40 p.m. Sunday on Kilcrush Court, damaging four units. About 65 firefighters responded to scene.
Montgomery County Fire spokesperson Scott Graham says heavy fire was showing on the second floor and the roof of the building. It took about 25 minutes to contain the blaze.
Graham says everyone got out safely and a cat was rescued.
Fourteen people are displaced due to a lack of utilities resulting from the fire, Graham says.
The Red Cross is assisting those displaced.
No injuries were reported.
Graham says the fire caused $250,000 in damages.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"