Second Battle of Manassas: Street closures, parking restrictions
Several streets will be closed in Manassas for an event commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
The Second Battle of Manassas/Bull Run event will explore the impact of the conflict on all Americans from civilians to soldiers, from slavery to emancipation, and from secession to surrender.
The following streets will be closed:
• West Street will be closed between Center and Prince William streets to vehicle traffic from 11 p.m. Aug. 22 to 10 p.m. Aug. 26.
• Battle Street between Center and Prince William streets will be closed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26.
• Prince William Street between Liberty Street and the parking garage will be closed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Aug. 25 and Aug. 26.
• Manassas Museum lot will be closed from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26.
• Lot F will be designated handicapped parking.
• Diagonal parking spaces in front of the museum will be closed from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26.
• The water tower lot will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 25 for the Farmers Market.
• The Visitors Center lot will be closed Aug. 22 at 11 p.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 26.
On Aug. 25, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., parking will be restricted on Main Street between Center and Prince William streets for the Re-enactor Parade.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.