Ballou High School students sickened, possibly by tainted apples
Three Ballou High School students became sick after apparently having reactions to apples they ate on campus Monday, fire officials say.
Officials say that three students were taken to Children's Hospital for evaluation, but officials say that none of the students were seriously ill.
Department of Health officials also responded to the scene and tested the air quality at the Southeast D.C. school to check on other potential hazards. Their readings came back normal.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"