Richmond institution closing doors after eight decades
For D.C.-area residents who relocated here from Richmond, this surely will give some room for pause.
Come Sunday, for the first time in more than eight decades, a Richmond institution will be no more.
Bill's Barbecue is closing the doors on its three remaining restaurants for good, citing financial struggles.
A lot of people loved it; a lot of people weren't so crazy about it. But it was always there.
Per the Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Bill's, known as much for its limeade and chocolate pie as its barbecue, was founded by Ethel Richardson and Alton Batts, who opened the first Bill's Barbecue in 1930 in Norfolk.
"Ethel Richardson came to Richmond in 1931 and opened a location on North Boulevard. After a couple of years, the restaurant was relocated to 927 Myers St., where it will operate until close of business Sunday." http://bit.ly/ROCfD8
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"