Lanham house fire causes $25K in damage
Fire officials say a ceiling light fixture started a fire in a Lanham home Friday evening.
Crews were called to the 6200 block of 87th Avenue around 5 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the two-story home. Fire officials say the fire spread to the attic and soon could be seen coming out of the roof.
It took 20 minutes to extinguish the flames.
No one was injured in the fire, but two adults were displaced. The fire caused $25,000 in damage, officials add.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Start a discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"