CRIME

Aaron Thomas, suspected East Coast rapist, pleads guilty

Comment
Decrease Increase Text size

The accused East Coast rapist  pleaded guilty to rape and abduction in a 2001 case in Loudoun County. Earlier this month he admitted to the title in an interview with The Washington Post.

Aaron Thomas started crying at one point Thursday and said he didn't know what was happening. He's accused of assaulting a number of women in multiple states, including Virginia.

Thomas is believed to be responsible for 17 rapes and attacks on woman in Virginia, Maryland, Connecticut and Rhode Island dating back to 1997, including an attack in Dale City on Halloween 2009.

Thomas admitted to abducting three teenage girls and raping two of them in a wooded area.

“There was a lot of fear. People felt insecure,” says Kurt Wallace, the pastor at the Freedom Fellowship Church in Dale City.

Thomas was set to plead guilty to the crime in Prince William County court on November 12, but changed his mind. He told the judge, “I don’t know which way is right or wrong. I’m not sure I know what I’m doing.”

“I’m not surprised he didn’t enter a guilty plea,” Paul Ebert says. “He’s been erratic in his behavior since the start.”

Thomas is expected to plea guilty to charges in Prince William County Friday afternoon.

Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.

Recommended For You
comments powered by Disqus