NATION

Axe body spray sends student to hospital after exposure, school bans it

Comment
Decrease Increase Text size

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.

Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently taken to a hospital after being exposed to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.

Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report. The company says in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority" and consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.

School officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray. It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had or what chemical may have been involved.

Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.

Recommended For You
comments powered by Disqus