Elisabeth Hasselbeck is not leaving The View
Barbara Walters says Elizabeth Hasselbeck is not leaving The View. She made the statement during Monday's episode, after rumors circulated over the weekend that the 35-year-old host's contract was not being renewed.
Hasselback did not respond during Walters' announcement. She's been with the show since 2003.
Last week, Joy Behar announced that she's leaving the ABC daytime talk show at the end of the current season in August. The network said in a statement that it wishes Behar "all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season."
Behar has co-hosted the show for 16 seasons. She was among the first co-hosts with co-creator Barbara Walters when the series debuted.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Latest VideosWatch videos from ABC7, NewsChannel 8 and more
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"