Mischa Dorr-Ames dies from bacterial meningitis
The assistant principal of the Accokeek Lower Academy in Maryland died after contracting bacterial meningitis.
Students on Monday were told of the death of Mischa Dorr-Ames.
“She will be remembered for her values of family, dedication, work ethic, and most of all a loving spirit as a professional educator,” stated the principal of the school in a letter sent home to parents. “The Accokeek Family extends our heartfelt sympathy to Mrs. Ames' family.”
The Prince George’s County office of health stated that healthy people can carry the bacteria in their nose or throat without feeling ill.
But symptoms can include fever, headache, stiff neck, vomiting and rashes.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Latest VideosWatch videos from ABC7, NewsChannel 8 and more
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"