Carbon Monoxide sickens D.C. construction workers
WASHINGTON (AP) - A D.C. fire department official says seven construction workers were sickened by carbon monoxide and sent to area hospitals.
Fire department spokesman Lon Walls say 10 people were affected by the fumes on Monday night as they worked at the National Press Club. Walls says the workers were sickened while removing asbestos from the building at 14th and F streets northwest.
Walls says six of the workers taken to hospitals appeared to be in relatively good condition. He says one was more seriously affected, but he is expected to survive.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Only On 7
"Katie" weekdays at 4pm on ABC7 followed by Leon Harris and Alison Starling on ABC7 News at 5. Click here to find out more about "Katie!"