MARYLAND

Langley Park Shopping Center fire

Comment
Decrease Increase Text size

An electrical malfunction likely was behind a fire that caused major damage to a Hyattsville shopping center late Thursday night.

The fire was likely caused by a lightning strike, officials say. Photo: Mark Brady

The fire at the Langley Park Shopping Center on New Hampshire Avenue was extinguished just before 11:45 p.m. Prince George's County Fire spokesman Mark Brady says the blaze caused about $1 million in damage

One firefighter was treated at a nearby hospital for a hand injury.

Officials originally believed the fire may have been sparked by a lightning strike.

 

Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.

Recommended For You
comments powered by Disqus