Langley Park Shopping Center fire
Updated: July 12, 2013 - 10:03 am
An electrical malfunction likely was behind a fire that caused major damage to a Hyattsville shopping center late Thursday night.
The fire at the Langley Park Shopping Center on New Hampshire Avenue was extinguished just before 11:45 p.m. Prince George's County Fire spokesman Mark Brady says the blaze caused about $1 million in damage
One firefighter was treated at a nearby hospital for a hand injury.
Officials originally believed the fire may have been sparked by a lightning strike.
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.