Roads closed throughout D.C. area due to flooding
A number of roads in the Washington area are closed due to high water and flooding, officials say.
In Montgomery County, several key arteries are closed, including:
- The exit ramp from for River Road from the inner loop of the Beltway
- Massachusetts Avenue in both directions at Goldsborough Road
- Clara Barton Parkway between the Cabin John Parkway and Chain Bridge
- Little Falls Parkway between River Road and Massachusetts Avenue
In Fairfax County, the following closures are reported:
- Northbound Route 1 Inlet Cove due to high water
- Prosperity Avenue at Arlington Boulevard
- Woodburn Road at Spicewood Drive
Would you like to contribute to this story? Join the discussion.