Prince George's Hospital Center reopens after power outage
The Prince George's Hospital Center is back open for business after a fire tore through a boiler room Thursday evening.
A power outage in Cheverly and Chapel Oaks caused three transformers to catch fire. Generator power almost simultaneously kicked in, meaning that inpatient care for over 200 patients was not affected. However, the hospital had to turn away emergency patients who were coming in via ambulance and helicopter. Walk-in patients were still accepted.
The hospital was able to receive patients via ambulance and Medivac by 6:45 p.m. Friday.