Georgetown Halloween street closures
(WJLA) - Drivers in Georgetown may get a few tricks in their afternoon commute. Only residents, visitors and employees of local businesses will be allowed access to the area. Citizens must present proof of address or employment in order to travel in these areas during peak times.
Closures will last from 6:30 p.m. on October 31st until 4 a.m. on Friday, November 1st.
D.C. Police will close the following streets to keep pedestrians safe during Halloween festivities.
Here are the streets that will be closed:
- 1000 block of Grace Street NW; near Wisconsin Avenue NW
- 1000 block of Thomas Jefferson Street NW
- 1000-1500 blocks of 29th Street NW
- 1000-1500 blocks of 30th Street NW
- 1200- 1300 blocks of Potomac Street NW; near M Street NW
- 1200- 1300 blocks of 27th Street NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 28th Street NW
- 1200- 1600 blocks of 33rd Street NW
- 1200- 1600 blocks of 34th Street NW
- 2600- 3600 Dumbarton Street NW; near 27th Street NW
- 2600- 3100 blocks of P Street NW
- 2600 - 3600 blocks of O Street NW
- 2700 - 3600 blocks of N Street NW
- 2700 block of Poplar Lane NW; near 27th Street NW
- 2700- 2900 blocks of Olive Street NW
- 3200- 3400 Q Street NW
- 3200 Block of Cecil Place NW
- 3200- 3600 blocks of Prospect Street NW
Parking restrictions will also be in place. These emergency no parking restrictions begin at 4 p.m. October 31st and run through 6 a.m. on Friday, November 1st.
- M Street NW; from 25th Street NW to the Key Bridge
- K Street NW; From 30th Street to Wisconsin Avenue NW
- Water Street NW; From 33rd Street to the Mouth of the Capital Crescent Trail.
- 1100 block of 26th Street NW
- 1000 block of Thomas Jefferson Street NW; From Canal North to M Street