VIRGINIA

Carbon monoxide exposure sends 14 family members to hospital

Decrease Increase Text size

(WJLA) - More than a dozen people were treated Wednesday for carbon monoxide exposure at a Loudoun County home, fire officials say.

First responders were called to a townhome in the 22600 block of High Haven Terrace in Ashburn just after 7:35 p.m. after family members discovered that a car had been left running inside their garage.

In total, 14 people were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The family who lived in the home hat out-of-town guests, and once they discovered their symptoms were consistent with CO exposure, they called 911.

None of the victim's illnesses are considered to be serious.

Recommended For You