Four hospitalized following Glen Burnie fire
- Photo: Anne Arundel County Fire Department
(WJLA) - Four people, including two firefighters, were hospitalized early Sunday following a house fire in Glen Burnie.
Firefighters responded to the 7300 block of Dotson Lane at about 1:30 a.m. and found smoke and flames coming from the basement and first floor of a two-story home.
Three of the home's occupants were alerted by smoke detectors and had evacuated before firefighters arrived.
A 23-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to University of Maryland Shock Trauma with serious but non life-threatening injuries.
A second victim, a 66-year-old woman, suffered minor injuries when she jumped from a second story window. She was transported to Baltimore-Washington Medical Center.
Two firefighters were also transported to BWMC for evaluation.
It took firefighters about an hour to control the blaze, which caused about $65,000 in damages and was ruled accidental.