D.C. health exchange extends enrollment deadline
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - The D.C. Health Benefit Exchange Authority announced Wednesday that it is once again extending its enrollment deadline in order to allow people who need assistance to get coverage.
Officials said the special health insurance enrollment period will be extended through April 30 for individual and family coverage.
"Residents who need in-person or telephone help will now have through April 30th to enroll," officials said in a statement Wednesday. "Also, persons with an online account with DC Health Link who have not yet selected a health plan will have through April 30th to enroll in a private health plan."
To help consumers get the health insurance they need, DC Health Link representatives said they will continue to offer in-person help and enroll consumers in health coverage at several locations throughout the district.
"In-person assistants and licensed health insurance brokers will be available at each special enrollment period location to answer questions and assist with the enrollment process," officials said.
Special enrollment period locations include:
• D.C. Health Link Enrollment Center at Union Temple Baptist Church,
1225 W St. SE (Ward 8) - Thursdays, April 17 and 24: 6-8:30 p.m.; Saturdays, April 19 and 26, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Sundays, April 20 and 27, at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. (following services)
• D.C. Heath Link Enrollment Center at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G St. NW (Ward 2) - Fridays, April 18 and 25, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturdays, April 19 and 26, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Mondays, April 21 and 28, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tuesday, April 22, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Wednesdays, April 23 ad 30, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• D.C. Health Link at Wal-Mart, 99 H St. NW (Ward 6) - Wednesdays, April 23 and 30, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Saturday, April 26, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Monday, April 28, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• D.C. Health Link Good Morning & Coffee at 7-11, 2501 Benning Road NE (Ward 7) - Wednesday, April 23, 7-9:30 a.m.; Friday, April 25, 7-9:30 a.m.; and Monday, April 28, 7-9:30 a.m.
• D.C. Health Link Enrollment Center at Dorothy I. Height/Benning Road Library, 3935 Benning Road NE (Ward 7) - Thursday, April 17, 1-9 p.m.; Fridays, April 18 and 25, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Monday, April 21, 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Tuesday, April 22, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, April 23 and 30, 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Thursday, April 24, 1-6 p.m.; and Monday, April 28, 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
When enrolling through DCHealthLink.com after March 31, consumers will be asked to attest that they sought either in-person or telephone assistance, or that they started the process of enrollment, but could not finish.
Officials added that the April 30 deadline does not apply to small businesses, individuals and families losing other coverage, or persons eligible for Medicaid.