Prince George's firefighters battle townhouse fire in Bowie
- Photo: PGFD Chief Marc Bashoor
A fire broke out at a townhouse in Bowie Saturday afternoon and spread to two other homes, fire officials said.
Prince George’s County Fire Department spokesperson Mark Brady said the fire was in the 13900 block of Grenfell Place.
Brady said there was a partial collapse of a three-story townhouse in what he referred to as heavy fire conditions. Firefighters were evacuated due to building structural instability.
Five adults, five children, and one dog were displaced, Brady said. No injuries were reported.
Brady said it appears the fire started on a rear deck and extended to an exterior wall into an attic. An investigation is underway.