'House of Cards' filming will create rolling road closures Saturday in D.C.
Updated: August 9, 2014 - 07:18 pm
WASHINGTON (AP/WJLA) - The "House of Cards" series is filming in the District of Columbia this weekend.
The city's Office of Motion Picture and Television Development has the political thriller filming in the city on Saturday.
A notice on the office's website says a mock motorcade will be part of the filming. Filming will take place between noon and 10 p.m. along heavily traveled streets such as Pennsylvania Avenue, Independence Avenue and Constitution Avenue. Because the scenes involve a motorcade, affected streets will be subject to rolling closures as the vehicles move through the District. The following streets will be affected by filming at various times Saturday:
- 3rd St NW between Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
- 7th St NW between Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
- 9th St NW between Independence and Pennsylvania Ave
- 15th St NW between Pennsylvania and Constitution Ave
- Pennsylvania Ave NW between 3rd and 15th St
- Constitution Ave NW between 15th and 3rd St
- Independence Ave SW between 3rd and 14th St
Vehicles for the show will also be parked at 3rd St NW/SW between Madison and Jefferson Dr.