- TEMPERATURE DEPARTURE RANKINS FOR SEPT 2010
A QUICK VIEW OF THE ATTACHED MAP SHOWS THAT VA AND MD WERE WARMER THAN NORMAL FOR THE MONTH OF SEPT. NOTICE HOWEVER THE COOLER THAN NORMAL TREND OVER THE UPPER MIDWEST. PAGE 2 HAS NOAA DETAILS.
NOAA DETAILS: "U.S. Temperature Highlights — September
* September was the fourth consecutive month with above-average U.S. temperatures. It followed the fourth warmest summer on record.
* Most states had above-average temperatures, and several others experienced temperatures ranking among their top 10 warmest: Rhode Island (third warmest), New Mexico (fourth), New Jersey (fourth), Colorado (fifth), Massachusetts (sixth), Florida (seventh), Connecticut (seventh), New Hampshire (seventh), Arizona (ninth) and Maine (ninth).
* Regionally, the Southwest climate region experienced its third warmest September on record. Only the East North Central climate region had below-normal temperatures.
* An unusual heat wave affected Southern California the last week of September. On Sept. 27, the temperature in downtown Los Angeles reached 113 F, setting an all-time record high temperature for the city. The previous record was 112 F, set in June 1990."