Monday: Areas of rain this a.m. then some sun and p.m. showers
Highs: 83°-87° | Wind: NE 5-10 mph
Overnight: Mostly cloudy and muggy
Lows: 67°-73° | Wind: SE 2-6 mph
Tuesday: More clouds than sun, showers/t-storms possible
Highs: 82°-86° | Wind: E 4-8 mph
The heat wave was broken by a cold front yesterday afternoon. The front is south of the metro area but will remain close enough to produce unsettled conditions all week long. Unsettled means you can expect more clouds than sunshine, daily chances of showers and thunderstorms and highs a degree or two below average. More widespread thunderstorm activity possible by Friday and into the weekend. Brian van de Graaff provides us with the highlights of the heat wave:
• Sizzled to 102 Sunday, breaking the record from 1993.
• Scorched to 105 Saturday, shattering the record of 102 and coming within a degree of the all-time record of 106, set 7/20/1913 and 8/6/1918.
• We have had 4 consecutive days of 100+.
• We have had 11 consecutive days of 95+.
• Hit 101 Sunday, breaking the record of 100.
• Soared to 101 Saturday, tying their record.
• Hit 100 Sunday, tying their record.
• Hit 104 Saturday, shattering the record of 101 from 2010.