A dry end to the work week, with showers back for the weekend.
- Partly cloudy and warm with thunderstorms well south of Washington.
- Temperatures: 70s falling into the middle 50s to lower 60s.
- Wind: West to Northeast 5-10 mph
- Partly cloudy and pleasant.
- Highs: Around 80 degrees
- Wind: Northeast 5-10 mph
- Partly sunny with a 40% chance of P.M. thunderstorms.
- Highs: Lower to middle 70s
- Wind: SE 5-15 mph
A cold front is slowly moving south of the Washington area. Heavy to occasionally severe thunderstorms have developed along the front from Huntington, WV to Charlottesville, VA. Those storms will move East/Southeastward to Virginia’s Northern neck and Middle Peninsula. Most of our area will remain partly cloudy, warm and rain-free through this evening. Tomorrow will be pleasant with partly cloudy skies and highs around 80 degrees. Over the weekend, the cold front will be stationary south of Washington and high pressure will be slowly building across New England. Therefore, the weekend will be cooler than today and tomorrow and there will be increasing chances for showers and thunderstorms. The chance of rain is 40% on Saturday and 60% on Sunday.