Steamy September day, but big changes by late week.
- This Afternoon:
- Partly cloudy, very hot and humid. Isolated t'storm possible, mainly west
- Highs: Low 90s
- Wind: S 5-10 mph
- Partly cloudy, patchy fog
- Lows: Upper 60s to middle 70s downtown
- Wind: S 5 mph
- Hot and humid with PM T'storms
- Highs: Upper 80s to low 90s
- Wind: Sout becoming West 10-15 mph
Today will be the hottest day of the work week with highs in the lower 90s. Combine the hot temperatures with high humditiy and it will feel close to 100°. One more day of temperatures around 90 degrees tomorrow before a cold front brings relief. As the front gets closer tomorrow, winds will pick up a bit. Clouds will increase in the afternoon and a few scattered thunderstorms will develop.
The cooler and drier air will start to spill in late Thursday night and Friday will be noticeably cooler. Highs will top out in the mid to upper 70s with breezy northwest winds. Saturday will be the coolest day with highs only in the low 70s! Plenty of sunshine is expected all weekend with below average temperatures. Overnight lows wil also be quite chilly falling into the upper 40s to lower 50s.