Heaviest precipitation from the storms moves in tonight through early Wednesday.
- This Afternoon:
- Wintry Mix Ending, Heavy rain Late
- Temperatures: Mid-Upper 30s
- Precipitation: Rain/Sleet to all Rain
- Rain, Heavy at Times
- Temperatures: Near Steady Temps
- Precipitation: 100%
- Morning Rain, mix and change to snow in the afternoon
- Temperatures: Low -Mid 40s early, then falling through the afternoon
- Precipitation: Rain to Snow in the afternoon
Our winter storm is shaping up as expected with a few spots that saw sleet this morning.
- Winter Weather Advisory
A winter weather advisory remains in effect west of I-95 this afternoon. However, the rain will progressively overtake just about the entire region, with areas west of the blue ridge hanging on to some wintery weather. The rain will increase in intensity this evening and overnight with as much as 1-3" expected through Wednesday.
- Forecast Rainfall Totals through Wednesday
Temperatures tomorrow will start to drop in the afternoon and the rain will mix with and/or change over to some snow.
- NAM computer forecast Wednesday Afternoon via WeatherBell
Right now forecast surface temperatures in the afternoon are just above freezing and what falls shouldn't accumulate much if at all. As usual, best chance of that will be west. If you are heading out anywhere across the country, here is a national travel forecast.
- National Travel Forecast
Safe travels and happy holidays to all! Don't forget to check here for updates for your return home weather.