Drier air will continue to filter into the region tonight and into the weekend with the next chance for steady rain not until next week.
- This Afternoon:
- Partly Cloudy to Partly Sunny
- Highs: Around 70
- Wind: NW 5-10 m.p.h.
- Partly Cloudy and Comfortable
- Highs: Low 70s
- Wind: NW 10-15 m.p.h.
- Partly Cloudy and Mild
- Highs: Around 70
- Wind: W 5-10 m.p.h.
Low pressure will continue to exit the region this afternoon and skies will clear from the west. Temperatures should respond nicely with highs near the 70 degree mark. Tonight will be mainly clear and cooler with lows in the upper 40s in the outlying suburbs to lower 50s in town. The weekend will feature partly sunny skies Saturday with highs in the lower 70s. A few isolated sprinkles are possible through the afternoon. Sunday will be partly cloudy and continued mild with highs again in the lower 70s.
**Latest Flood Warnings**
- Orange, Culpeper, Fauquier, Loudoun and Prince William until 3:15pm
- Urban areas and small streams for Arlington, City of Fairfax, Falls Church, Fairfax County, Prince William and Stafford until 5:00pm
- Montgomery, Carroll, Frederick, City of Manassas and Manassas Park, Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William until 6:45pm
- Anne Arundel, Prince Georges, Howard until 6:15pm
- Washington Co., Frederick (VA), Berkeley, Morgan until 7:15pm
**River Flood Warnings**
Rapidan River near Culpeper, Orange and Spotsylvania Until Saturday Afternoon
South Fork of Shenandoah at Front Royal until Sunday morning
Seneca Creek at Dawsonville affecting Montgomery Co. until Saturday morning
Shenandoah River at Millville affecting Clarke, Warren and Jefferson until Sunday night
Potomac River at Paw Paw until Saturday afternoon
Potomac River at Williamsport affecting Washington and Berkeley until further notice
Potomac River at Harpers Ferry until further notice
Potomac River at Point of Rocks until Sunday night
Potomac River at Little Falls affecting Montgomery, Fairfax and Loudoun until Sunday night
Antietam Creek near Sharpsburg affecting Washington Co. until Saturday evening
Opequon Creek near Martinsburg affecting Berkeley and Jefferson until Saturday evening
Rappahannock River for Fredericksburg, Stafford and Spotsylvania until Saturday afternoon
Monocacy River near Frederick until Saturday afternoon