• Hello im Beverly from Upper Marlboro MD

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:01:46 PM

I was in Clinton MD Walmart when the earthquake hit. Thank God we weren't far from the door. The building was literally moving from side to side as if someone was bending it. The floor was shaking very hard. People started running out the door. How frightening that was. Got back home an notice from room to room things have fallen onto the floor. Thankful all is ok.

• michael jones

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:08:09 PM

i was at work this afternoon it was like a construction and the told me a it was earthquake i ran back inside went under a desk.

• Kara

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:10:48 PM

We are small but still here in Delaware where my coworkers and I stood in amazment at glass shaking, keys rattling and our stomachs turning. None of us ever felt an earthquake before. Truly makes you appreciate what others before us have gone through.

• Chanita Williams

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:27:08 PM

I am from Southern MD and I was cooking when the quake hit. My saucepan began sliding off the stove, items fell off my shelf and my house swayed back and forth like it was a ping pong. I have a crack in my wall near a window. No other damage seen so far.

• Natalie

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:42:04 PM

how come we were closest to the earthquake, but we don't have any damage? lol. We live in Orange, about an 30 miles from where it was.. I first thought it was the kids bouncy around, until the whole apartment started to shake, it was the longest 35 minutes I ever seen.. oh and this was my first actually shaking the house earthquake..

• Therese

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:48:45 PM

I am in Annapolis, Maryland , and really believed my house was going to take off like a rocket. Earthquake, never even entered my mind until my neighbors began screaming that indeed it was an earthquake. I had things falling off shelves and tables... I was literally shaken! Yes, my first thought after it was all over were those that have gone through very serious earthquakes.

• Wolfgang

Aug 23, 2011 - 04:51:01 PM

Funny that among the very few structures damaged, one of them was a cathedral. Was God telling us anything or does it tell us something?

• MORE COMMENTS