• Deb

Jun 23, 2012 - 10:47:22 PM

Thanks for explaining what that was. My husband and I have been debating about that storm since it went through last night. Man, was that a crazy ride! I'm so glad that no one was injured.

• Ok

Jun 23, 2012 - 11:54:16 PM

let the theft and rioting begin!

• vanative

Jun 24, 2012 - 12:47:48 AM

Saw a lot of damage in Cheverly tonight. On one street, just about every house had a large (and I mean HUGE) tree down. Pretty amazing to see.

• Explained very well......

Jun 24, 2012 - 07:19:53 AM

This would be a great tool for teaching....thanks for the wonderful explaination..

• Virginia

Jun 24, 2012 - 01:31:25 PM

I could be wrong but I thought that "micro" meant small. There was NOTHING small about what we experienced in Bladensburg on Friday night. I hope that I NEVER see the likes of it again in my lifetime. Actually, I would be happy if it NEVER RAINED AGAIN!!!

• Virginia

Jun 24, 2012 - 01:37:41 PM

I also wanted to point out that whatever service posted this article might want to hire a proofreader. There are quite a few "blaring" mistakes. I can sympathize with you about having to produce material in a hurry but this is just ridiculous. Just sayin'.

• SomethingsHappeningHere

Jun 24, 2012 - 02:20:17 PM

@Virginia: This was tweeted. I thank Bob Ryan for his educational background that gives us correct information on weather related issues. I don't expect him to be an English major on a Tweet. Do you text in the same manner you would type?

• Bladensburg resident

Jun 24, 2012 - 03:24:04 PM

I was right in the middle of it. Looking out my window, pieces of hail the size of marbles started failing. After about a minute the hail doubled in size and started coming down more rapidly. With the wind and Heavy rain mixed in, it looked like a blizzard outside. Definately once in a lifetime experience.

• Bob Ryan

Jun 24, 2012 - 03:54:43 PM

Thanks for the comments. Yes, hard to think what happened was "micro" but for the scale of storms and even thunderstorms that may be 10-20 miles wide and 5-10 miles high, damage and a wind "burst" as Friday night is considered "micro" Bob Ryan

• MORE COMMENTS